At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Plant Operative to join our team at Abingdon Concrete Plant, Oxford.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds
The Plant Operative will be responsible for supporting the Plant Supervisor in the running our Concrete plant servicing the local market, daily you will:
- Drive a strong culture of Health and Safety at the site and in everything that you do
- Manufacture a high-quality product for our customers
- Operate a Loading Shovel to keep the plant well stocked
- Maintain high housekeeping standards on site
- Manage all inbound deliveries to site and the overall condition of the site housekeeping
- Work collaboratively with the team to deliver exceptional value to our customers
- Continually look for ways to develop the site and drive performance
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be a driven individual who has experience in construction materials manufacturing. Experience of feeding a production plant would be beneficial. They will also:
- Have knowledge of on-site Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Possess a current Loading Shovel License (required) and a NVQ in Plant or Process operations would be an advantageous
- Be motivated
- Be able to work independently as well as in a team
- Be flexible in their working approach
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support part-time and flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.
Tarmac Trading Limited