Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently looking for a Plant Operative to join our friendly team based in Buxton, Derbyshire.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Site Manager you will be responsible for day-to-day hands-on production and processing of waste streams through the blending and shredding plant.
- Daily maintenance activities with mechanical engineering ability is important to be able to sustain the operation to increase reliability and efficiency
- Control of the yard area and vehicle movements, this should be owned and managed to ensure safety, zero risk and effective flow. Customer Service skills should be thoroughly applied in and around the yard areas.
- Ability to develop your skills to undertake all maintenance as specified by Sapphire.
- Coach others when required; in order to apply and sustain effective recognised maintenance and safety & health practices.
- Front end loader usage when transferring material, feeding the hopper and general stock management/control.
- To help apply and sustain delivery of Sapphire’s objectives and the Improvement plan for the Site
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate proven experience in Production Maintenance, as well as In-depth knowledge of practical mechanical operations including knowledge of IMS and improvement.
- Mechanical engineering ability and application and/or maintenance qualification.
- CITB certificate on items of Mobile Plant – or equivalent
- IOSH certificate/Safety Passport
- Ideally, First Aid certified
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Car allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac Trading Limited