Plant Supervisor (Ready Mix)
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently recruiting for a Plant Supervisor - Readymix (RMX) to join our fantastic Readymix team based at our Tarmac Thrislington Concrete Plant site in Durham. This role is easily accessible via from Darlington, Sunderland, Bishop Auckland, Spennymoor, Sedgefield, Stockton-on-Tees, Fishburn, Hartlepool, Middlesbrough, Chester-le-Street, Birtley, Gateshead and surrounding areas.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The role of Plant Supervisor - Readymix is an operational role and the suitable candidate will also support the RMX Production Manager in managing and being accountable for the RMX operations on our plant. Safety and operational standards are the fundamentals of the role of Plant Supervisor – Readymix, delivery to customer needs and performance improvement being key.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities include:
- Supporting the RMX Production Manager in the management of plant compliance with business policies and procedures
- Batching concrete to meet customer needs whilst meeting internal quality requirements
- Ensuring Readymix deliveries are met, engaging with Readymix Distribution Teams throughout
- Working closely with Readymix Technical Teams to ensure quality control of all products
- Haulier management - coordinating collection loads daily
- Supervising Contractors (no direct reports)
- Ensuring that legislative compliance is also a strong aspect of the role.
- Overseeing all aspects of daily production including operational costs and control stocks
- Taking responsibility for their own safety and that of colleagues, contractors and business partners
- Maintaining site housekeeping to a high standard
Key Stakeholders within this role are RMX Production Manager, RMX General Manager, Aggregates Distribution Teams, Quarry Teams, Customers collecting orders.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for the role of Plant Supervisor - Readymix will already have experience in plant operations preferably within a Ready Mix / Aggregates environment however this is not essential as we also welcome applications from candidates with hands on manufacturing experience too.
Suitable candidates Plant Supervisor - Readymix will also:
- Actively identify and implement site and process improvements
- Be happy to multitask and manage change
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate superb attention to detail
- Engage with stakeholders at all levels (both internally and externally)
- Evidence good time management skills
- Be flexible and adaptable to ensure delivery of customer requirements and workload priorities (paid overtime)
- Enjoy working as part of a team and be able to motivate others
- Have full knowledge of Risk Assessments and Safe System of Work Systems as well as working knowledge of H&S and Environmental policies
- Have working knowledge of production processes
- IOSH Managing Safely (preferred but we will train)
- NVQ in fixed and mobile plant operations (preferred but we will train)
In addition to the role of Plant Supervisor - Readymix we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc.(REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female voice and menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac, a CRH company, is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
@tarmac #tarmac #tarmaccareers #readymix #plantsupervisor #supervisor #plantjobs #concrete #concretejobs #rmx #supervisorjobs #supervisor #manager #ferryhill #durham #Darlington #Sunderland #BishopAuckland #Spennymoor #Sedgefield #Stockton-on-Tees #Fishburn #Hartlepool #Middlesbrough #Chester-le-Street #Birtley #Gateshead
Tarmac Trading Limited
Tarmac Trading Limited