At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently recruiting for a Plant Supervisor to join and lead our fantastic Readymix (RMX) team at our Tarmac Loanhead plant near Edinburgh, Scotland. The site is easily accessible via from Dalkeith, Queensferry, Leith, Dunfermline, Grangemouth and the surrounding areas.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The Plant Supervisor will manage and be accountable for the Readymix (RMX) operations on our plant. Safety and operational standards are the fundamentals of the role of Plant Supervisor with cost control, people management, delivery to customer needs and performance improvement being key. Managing plant compliance with business policies and procedures and ensuring that legislative compliance is also a strong aspect of the role.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities of the Plant Supervisor:
- Leading and active supervisory of the Readymix (RMX) operational teams
- Delivery of toolbox talks
- Manage all aspects of daily production including operational costs and control stocks
- Efficient manufacture of concrete, controlling standard deviation and cement contents
- Drive operational performance through KPI’s
- Effectively coach and performance manage all direct reports
- Timely resolution of queries assigned to the sector
- Take responsibility for their own safety and that of colleagues and business partners
- Maintain site housekeeping to a high standard
- Batch concrete to meet customer needs whilst meeting internal quality requirements
- Responsible for the budget in relation to the plants they are responsible for, these being both fixed and variable costs
Key Stakeholders you will liaise with in the responsibilities of this role:
- Business Manager - Area Director - Health & Safety team - Procurement and support teams - National Logistics team - Area Operations teams - Area Commercial teams - Area HR Manager - Industry Bodies – Customers
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in the role of Plant Supervisor it is preferable that candidates will have:
- Experience in plant operations
- Previous experience of a Ready Mix / Aggregates environment
- Full knowledge of Risk Assessments and Safe System of Work Systems
- Working knowledge of production processes
- Working knowledge of H&S and Environmental policies
- IOSH Managing Safely (desirable - not essential)
- NVQ in fixed and mobile plant operations (desirable - not essential)
Ideally you will also be able to:
- Actively identify and implement site and process improvements
- Look for opportunities to identify customer needs
- Effectively communicate to feed opportunities into customer services / sales
- Multitask and manage change effectively
In addition to the role of Plant Supervisor we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Enhanced Payment (shift depending)
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
@tarmac #tarmaccareers #plantsupervisor #supervisorjobs #readymix
Tarmac Trading Limited