Highly Competitive Salary + Company Van + Fantastic Benefits
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Location: National mobile role with regular travel across the UK which will include overnight stay (all expenses are covered).
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for two experienced Plant Supervisor to join our friendly mobile team.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As the Plant Supervisor, you will supervise all aspects of the daily operations of an Ultra Mobile/Project concrete plant. Your daily responsibilities will include assisting the Plant Manager in daily operations, operate the batching plant and produce high quality and volume concrete.
As the post holder, you will ensure the concrete meets all quality standards, compliance with all LT standards, policies and procedures ensuring legislative compliance. You will also act as an emergency operational cover on other projects should the need arise. As well as act as a key partner for both internal and external stakeholders involved with the assigned project for supply.
- Comply with the Tarmac SHE Management Systems; ensure all site activities are carried out on site are in line with standards and policies
- Support a culture of health and safety best practice by setting a personal example.
- Ensure plants operate within guidance of regulatory permits
- Complete monthly or more frequent TBTs and communications
- Participate in operational cost control and control of stocks, including investigation of all stock variances.
- Compliance with the BSI system and ensuring quality is optimised by efficient manufacturing and control of SD and cement content.
- Implementation of Ultimate Manufacturing
- Coach and performance manage all indirect reports
- Ability to operate all Ultra/ Project mobiles
- Follow all maintenance processes and procedures
- Control of all elements of administration for your plants
- Key liaison for internal & external project stakeholders in absence of Plant Manager
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate previous experience working as a Plant Supervisor, Mobile Concrete Plant supervisor or similar gained within a Mobile Concrete Plant Operation environment. As well as possess good communication skills and have a real desire in developing both operational and supervisory skills.
- IOSH Supervising Safely
- IOSH Environmental
- NVQ plant process operations
- First Aid
- MPQC Mobile Plant
- CSPS Mobile Plant – Desirable
- Concrete Technology – Desirable
As this is a Mobile role the Full UK Driving License is essential.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac Trading Limited