Process Automation Apprentice
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
At Tarmac our Finance function plays a key role in running our business and we are currently recruiting for a Process Automation Apprentice to join our team based primarily from our Solihull Tarmac Hub Offices close to Birmingham Airport in the West Midlands.
This is a hybrid working role working in office, at home and also across our sites. On days you are required to be based in office, this role is commutable from Birmingham, Solihull, Coventry, Bedworth, Kenilworth, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Dudley, Lichfield, Cannock, Sutton Coldfield, Nuneaton, Tamworth, Hinkley, Redditch, Bromsgrove, Worcester, and the surrounding areas.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
A typical day working as a Process Automation Apprentice may include:
Your role as an Automation Apprentice in the Finance sector consists of various responsibilities. This can include; supporting internal customers with process improvement and automation opportunities, documenting technical solution documents and collating the process requirements for automation opportunities. Other activities you may be involved in include:
- Understanding and applying Agile methodologies
- Understanding and applying Lean methodologies
- Understand and work effectively in the Software Delivery Lifecycle and SOx IT general controls framework
- Write clean code within agreed timescales and to agreed quality standards
- Understand software testing and support in testing new and existing applications
- Become proficient in UiPath, Servicenow and Power Automate development
- Draft documentation to support solutions
- Review requirements and user stories
Whilst you’re learning on the job, you’ll attend our core Skills Development Programme designed to expand your business knowledge, strengthen core skills and offer networking opportunities with other graduates, higher apprentices and key stakeholders across the Tarmac business in order to successfully transition into your destination role .
We’ll also fund your level 4 qualification in Software Development, ensuring you receive professional recognition for the work you’ll be putting in! Further details on the qualification can be found here https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/software-developer-v1-1
The Ideal Candidate
Our people come from a variety of different backgrounds and prior experience isn’t always necessary for success. This following transferable skills and qualifications are beneficial in this role:
To do this apprenticeship you must have at least a grade of 4/C GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths and English.
- Show Integrity
- Planning and prioritising.
- Effective communicator .
- I.T proficient .
- A questioning mind .
- Working effectively with various stakeholders .
- Analytical thinker.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
@Tarmac #Tarmac #TarmacCareers #Graduate #Graduates #Commercial #Operations #Manufacturing #Production
Tarmac Trading Limited