At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an Process Operator to join our friendly team at Aberthaw Cement Plant based in Barry.
We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds, therefore prior technical experience isn’t always necessary for success.
In the role of Quarry Process Operator, you will be responsible for:
- Operating the primary crusher
- Operating mobile plant for the production of raw materials for the cement works.
- Working as part of the quarry production team, the quarry operative is responsible for ensuring daily tasks are completed including general site housekeeping and general maintenance.
- You will need to show a high degree of flexibility in your work along with varying start and finish times.
- The successful candidate will work as a member of the quarry production team.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for the role of Quarry Process Operator will have experience of:
- Mobile plant operators ticket and NVQ
- Quarry safety passport
- Previous quarry or heavy industry experience is preferred
- Driving license
- Mobile plant experience
- Crushing operations experience
In addition to the role of Process Operator we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested in joining Tarmac as a Process Operator? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited