At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Process Operator to join our team based in Aberthaw Cemment Plant, South Wales.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As the successful canidate you will ensure that the production plans are adhered to in order to meet the demands of the Plant as part of the production team, whilst responding to any additional tasks that may arise around the site.
- Adhere to and actively promote Tarmac’s 16 life saving and Cardinal rules.
- Populate production data into the various software systems used on site in order to ensure performance levels are efficiently monitored.
- Review equipment and production conditions in accordance with job plans
- Monitor, report and record any incident, abnormality or deviation based on an appropriate checklist. Take immediate corrective actions when possible.
- Conduct first Level Inspections according to the schedule. Systematically inspect and monitor plant equipment in designated area and accurately report abnormalities.
- Support Root Cause Analysis and propose improvement actions
- Ensure lubrication levels of machines are in accordance with manufacturer's specifications
- Manually start standby equipment and ensure they operate properly or stop equipment and report any abnormality according to working procedure
- Ensure Tarmac complies with all Health Safety and Environmental regulations.
- Ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained within the department.
- Ensure additives and raw materials are available at the designed areas and in correct quantity.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be flexible, self-motivated individual who possesses a positive attitude in their approach to work. With a commitment to maintaining and improving Health, Safety and Environmental standards across the department and site.
- A good standard of numeracy and literacy skills.
- IT competence. (Microsoft Office, Google mail/drive).
- Experience of working within a production or maintenance environment
- Telescopic Forklift Truck certification
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac Trading Limited