At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Production Manager to join our fantastic team based at the Tunstead Cement Plant in Buxton, Derbyshire.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds
Reporting to the Cement Plant Manager, as the Production Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of production activities, mid-term and long term strategy, budget and management of 35-60 people including 4-6 middle managers.
You will also be responsible for all aspects of the Production functions at the Cement Plant, including Shift operations. As well as you will play a key role in Cement Plant Management Team with responsibility for the achievement of relevant Key Performance Indicators, and strategic planning for the long term future of the plant.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a previous management experience gained within the cement industry preferably within the industrial/operations areas and who is looking for a challenging and rewarding role at a senior level.
- Chemical Engineering Degree, MBA/Master would be an advantage
- IOSH or equivalent qualification, NEBOSH would be an advantage
- Knowledge and experience of RCA techniques
- Practical and Technical (Selection) experience with refractory is required
- Knowledge and practical experience in Preheater and Kiln Operations with high level of Alternative Fuels is required.
- NVQ Level 4 or above in Quarry Management desirable
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac Trading Limited