At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Production Manager to join our friendly team based at our Head Office in Solihull. Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As the successful candidate, you will manage the production team responsible for the supply of all Readymix on Section C2/C3 & N1/N2 of HS2 whilst ensuring the highest safety standards and optimal efficiency is achieved and that a culture of safety and performance is embedded in the team, contractors and customers.
You will be responsible for the HS2 production & maintenance team and ensure that they deliver the required quality, exceptional customer service and performance outputs with reference to production targets, budget and forecast. As well as ensure that the Production/Maintenance Supervisors and site teams are managed and developed.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Comply with the Tarmac SHE Management Systems; through active management of relief batcher supervisors and maintenance supervisor.
- Ensure all site activities are carried out on site are in-line with standards and policies
- Support culture of health and safety good practise by setting a personal example.
- Ensure plants operate within guidance of regulatory permits
- Delivering area performance on KPI’s and cost management
- Optimise materials and stock management across the sites and linking with the supply chain team on correct sourcing decisions
- Coach, manage and performance manage all direct reports
The Ideal Candidate
As the successful candidate, you will have previous management experience and demonstrable knowledge of quarrying, cement and concrete industry. As well as proven leadership and people management skills.
You will be able to demonstrate experience in leading and improving project delivery operations.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and be capable to hold senior-level discussions with internal and external bodies.
Other requirements will include;
- Demonstrable knowledge of the quarrying, cement and concrete industry.
- Good understanding of Company SHE requirements relating to the role including reporting requirements.
- Strong knowledge of production operations for aggregates, cement and concrete industries.
- Good understanding of production methods used and awareness of Company product range.
- Customer knowledge and awareness.
- Coaching with a strong ability and is able to coach. Performance Management and InfluenceProvide subject matter expertise to wider team and reports.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Training and development opportunities
By the way, as part of CRH, our employees have access to a range of careers within the wider group which operates at over 3,800 locations in 31 countries. CRH generates endless possibilities for individuals who are hungry for that next challenge!
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac Trading Limited