We are currently looking for a Production Operative to join us as part of our Packed Products team. We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Site Manager, you will:
- Safely operate mobile plant and production equipment such as cranes and forklifts as trained and authorised
- Manage stock intake and loading vehicles for dispatch. mooring, loading and discharging of vessels
- Stock movement in accordance with yard plans
- Ensure plant and equipment are inspected and maintained and defects reported
- General housekeeping
- Role model an exemplary approach to health and safety, contributing proactively to a safe working environment and working collaboratively to build a culture of continuous improvement
- Taking pride in all work completed and being determined to succeed
The Ideal Candidate
This is a varied, complex and rewarding position that requires:
- Working knowledge of HSE / IOSH working safely
- Customer focus
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Operational experience
- Licences (mobile plant)
- Manual handling
- Good communication skills
- Willing to work flexible hours
At Tarmac, we believe our people are our business. We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. Joining our team as a Production Operative, you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
- Preferential overtime rate
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free uniform and PPE
- Free parking
- Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Healthcare cashback scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice on a whole range of issues
- Training and development
Our people are the most important part of our business and it is important to us that we invest in their health and safety.
Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long term future.
By the way, as part of CRH, our employees have access to a range
of careers within the wider group which operates at over 3,800 locations in 31 countries. CRH generates endless possibilities for individuals who are hungry for that next challenge!
If you share our values and have the drive and enthusiasm to help us fulfil our vision, we would like to meet you.
Tarmac Trading Limited