Project Manager, Rail
Founded in 1968, Griffiths is one of the leading civil engineering and rail contractors working throughout Wales, the midlands and south-west England. With an annual turnover of circa £225m our 1000+ directly employed, well-trained, dedicated and highly competent workforce deliver client solutions which includes Welsh Government, Network Rail, Highways England, local authorities, Utility Companies and selected private sector organisations.
In 2018, Griffiths became part of Tarmac, the UK’s leading sustainable building materials business and a wholly owned subsidiary of CRH. Griffiths has over 1,000 employees operating across 100 sites or schemes at any given time.
We're now recruiting for a Project Manager in our rail division who will be responsible for the safe execution of one or more simultaneous projects as directed by the Contracts Manager, in accordance with a valid, executed contract, per company policies, procedures and work instructions. The project manager will aim to ensure all commercial objectives are met and will also seek to enhance the reputation of the company.
The Project Manager will be accountable for, but not limited to:
- Managing site staff performance in conjunction with HR
- Providing health and safety leadership to the operational delivery teams and promoting behavioural safety improvements
- Ensuring that site teams rigorously adhere to Network Rail’s Life Saving Rules and reporting requirements
- Complying with all relevant HSE legislation, Network Rail Standards and Eurocodes
- Ensuring policies and procedures of the Rail Management System are fully discharged
- Promoting and implementing sustainable business objectives
- Achieving gross site margin target as set by the business
- Supporting as required the estimating and planning process for specific schemes/region
- Ensuring sufficient and competent resources are in place for the delivery of contracts and business and project objectives are communicated
- Developing and maintaining programmes through the project life cycle and ensuring works are delivered against the contract programme
- Leading the project risk management process and ensuring effective controls are established to support delivery of the project
- Ensuring project opportunities are identified and realised to maintain and improve the commercial project performance
- Promoting and maintaining effective client/stakeholder relationships to protect and enhance company reputation leading to repeat business
- Upholding the core company values and inspiring and encouraging the same throughout the team
- Ensuring that all mandatory reporting of KPI's, Close Calls, accidents and incidents are carried out as per AGC and Network Rail procedures
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role it is likely the ideal candidate will have a relevant Degree or HND in civil engineering or be in possession of relevant equivalent experience.
You'll also have a high level of commercial acumen and be a confident and articulate communicator. As this is a management level opportunity, your proven leadership skills will also need to demonstrated as will your extensive IT skills.
It would be beneficial if you were a PTS and CSCS card holder and had SMSTS or equivalent.
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support part-time and flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.
Tarmac Trading Limited