At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Purchasing Manager to join our high-performing team based at Dunbar Cement Plant, East Lothian. This role will offer flexible working.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Plant Manager and indirectly to the Senior Procurement Manager for the Cement business unit, as the Purchasing Manager you will be responsible for the overall procurement/purchasing of stores and goods at the Dunbar Cement Plant. This will include management and the development of the store’s department, as well as management of Contractor and Supplier arrangements.
You will be responsible for managing the Purchasing Department and teams onsite to optimise performance and to achieve the plant and departmental KPI’s and objectives for safety, housekeeping, environment, quality, and costs.
You will also work closely with all other teams in order to develop strong relationships, particularly in planning and improving procurement practices. As well as support and liaise with the Central Procurement team.
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for this opportunity, you will be able to demonstrate previous experience working as a Purchasing Manager or similar and ideally possess good Engineering knowledge. As well as being able to communicate and interact at mid to senior levels, challenging or supporting as appropriate.
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) qualification
- Knowledge of health, safety, and environmental requirements, particularly with CDM regulations, COSHH, and wastes management with a commitment to continuous improvement
- Ability to drive and implement improved standards in procurement practices
As well as the role of Purchasing Manager we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc.(REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female voice and Menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac, a CRH company, is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when this happens we sometimes bring the published closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
Tarmac Trading Limited