Materials Testing Quality Manager
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Materials Testing Quality Manager to join our friendly team in Packed Products. This role is multi site nationally including our site in Tunstead, Barnstone, Derbyshire and Cheshire.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
In the role of Quality Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Oversee and ensure the quality control testing is completed in and efficient timely manner
- Reviewing the quality control test results from Barnstone, Eaton Hall, and Tunstead packing plants, reporting performances daily to the Senior Technical Manager.
- Working with the wider Packed Products Technical team, I will gain an understanding of the raw materials we use to produce our products. Including the effects of inaccurate addition levels on overall product performance.
- Gain knowledge on all the products produced within the Packed business to enable me to assist the Technical team to react to technical enquires and customer complaints
- Working with the Senior Technical manager, I will conduct a review of all Packed product site quality management systems, adjusting and amending where necessary.
- Ensure test equipment calibrations are managed and kept up to date by liaising with Swains Park laboratory manager.
- Co-ordinate and assist with the internal and external quality audits with the relevant auditing bodies, site managers, and national technical team.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for the role of Quality Manager will have experience of:
- Previous experience with a similar industry and materials is preferable, but not essential, as full training will be given.
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Competent using various Microsoft IT systems
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- Systematic and analytical approach to tasks set
- Ability to coach and develop team members and direct reports
In addition to the role of Quality Manager we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited