At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a suitably qualified and experienced Quantity Surveyor to join our fantastic team based from our Alrewas site, near Burton-on-Trent Staffordshire for our National Surfacing business, the focus of this role will be to work on Europe’s largest current infrastructure project HS2 and will initially cover the East and West Midlands as a core area. The site can be commuted to from Tamworth, Lichfield, Cannock, Rugeley, Wolverhampton, Walsall, Shrewsbury, Telford, Birmingham, Stoke -on-Trent, Stafford, Dudley, Bromsgrove, Nuneaton, Solihull, Coventry, Redditch, Stourbridge, Royal Leamington Spa and the surrounding areas.
Due to the nature and experience of the team, proactively support a hybrid working model and we actively encourage Assistant Quantity Surveyors to apply for this role as we are keen to develop the successful candidate to excel in this position should you be successful.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As the Quantity Surveyor you will ideally have worked in a similar industry with experience of working on Paving, Pavements, Surfacing or Highways Infrastructure or civil engineering projects. Other responsibilities for this role will include:
- Be an integral member of the commercial team supporting the Managing Quantity Surveyor
- Build a strong relationship with internal and client counterparts
- Engaging and managing sub-contracts including tender enquiries, award and assessment of monthly payment applications
- Support the production of monthly CVR's
- Support the production of both internal and client forecasts
- Support the substantiation and agreement of associated Final Accounts
- Ensure all Tarmac and client processes are followed to minimise commercial risk
- Ensure all work completed is accurately valued and followed through to cash collection
- Prepare and submit monthly application for payments to clients
- Prepare and issue early warning notices and compensation events
Due to the nature of the work, a company vehicle is included with the role of Quantity Surveyor so you will not have more than 6 points on a full UK manual car driving licence and will occasionally require you to work across the UK to further support your Tarmac colleagues – flexibility is key
The Ideal Candidate
In this role previous experience working with pavements and surfacing would prove beneficial in this role, although not essential.
As our ideal Quantity Surveyor you will have:
- Drive and ambition to succeed
- NEC3/4 experience would prove highly beneficial
- Good sub-contract administration knowledge
- Good interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Good oral, written communication; and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office experience, particularly in Excel
- Strong numeracy and analytical ability
- Process driven with strong commercial awareness
- Travelling between sites is required to meet with business needs
It is preferred that the successful candidate for the role of Quantity Surveyor is educated to degree level, although other equivalent qualifications minimum HND or QBE (Qualified by Experience) may be accepted
In addition to the role of Quantity Surveyor we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
@Tarmac #Tarmac #TarmacCareers #Quantitysurveyor #NEC #Seniorquantitysurveyor #Leadquantitysurveyor #Assistantquantitysurveyor #Highways #Paving #Surfacing
Tarmac Trading Limited