At Griffiths, our people are our company. The way in which we treat people – both our employees and the communities in which we live and work – is a core value that has driven our continued growth over the past five decades.
We are a Welsh regional civil engineering and construction contractor with our head office based in Abergavenny. Operating out of regional centres across Wales and England we construct new roads, bridges and railways as well as maintaining existing developments.
In 2018, Griffiths became part of Tarmac, the UK’s leading sustainable building materials business and a wholly owned subsidiary of CRH. Griffiths has over 1,000 employees operating across 100 sites or schemes at any given time.
We are currently looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join our Rail project team supporting our Core Valley Line packages of work in Treforest, South Wales. You will be based in Taffs Well.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As Quantity Surveyor you will have worked in a similar industry and will have experience of working on civil engineering projects. Other responsibilities for this role will include:
- The measurement and preparation of valuations and receipt of certificates
- Securing payments from the customer within the specified contract terms
- Recording, monitoring and reviewing the financial performance of the contract
- Production of the financial accounts (CVR) and report to senior management on the project performance
- Liaising and presenting to the client on the project performance
- Subcontract procurement and management of subcontractor accounts
- Change management, compiling change notice, evaluation and agreement
- Supporting Managing QS with junior staff development
- Pre-contract pricing as required
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- educated to degree level in Quantity Surveying, although other equivalent qualifications may be accepted (HNC/HND)
- members of a relevant professional body e.g. CICES, RICS
- experienced of working on general Civil Engineering projects (essential) and of Railway infrastructure projects (preferred).
- Experience of using the NEC and/or ICC (NR) forms of contract
- Valid PTS
- Drive and ambition to succeed
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to organise workload
- Customer focus and the ability to build relationships.
- Good IT skills specifically on spreadsheets, databases and the ability to adapt to bespoke software packages
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Company Car/Allowance
- Training & Development
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited