At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a R&D Manager to join our friendly team based in Ettingshall, Wolverhampton.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
In the role of R&D Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Leading product innovation within Tarmac
- Developing asphalt binder sustainable solutions for Tarmac.
- Ensuring that Tarmac has a strong innovation process that brings the best innovations to the market place first, helping to ensure Tarmac continues to be the leader in Construction Materials
- Ensuring that Tarmac nurtures innovation at all levels and sponsors the most commercially viable ideas.
- Play a leading role in generating, researching and developing opportunities aimed at improving the Return on Capital Expenditure.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for the role of R&D Manager will have experience of:
- The understanding and skill-set to innovate
- Leadership skills, the ability to communicate a vision and motivate others
- Previous experience with asphalt binders.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and develop relationships.
- Experience in creating and cultivating a culture of innovation
- Ability to design, install and embed innovation processes, forums etc.
- The ability to create, maintain and leverage a strong internal and external network of innovation sources
- Solid understanding of Technical, Operational & Commercial drivers for Tarmac’s markets, with demonstrable ability to translate these drivers into projects/initiatives/actions that bring bottom line benefits
- Membership of relevant professional bodies
In addition to the role of R&D Manager we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited