At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a R&D Technologist to join our friendly team based in Ettingshall, Wolverhampton.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
In the role of R&D Technologist you will be responsible for:
- Literature review and identification of new processes and constituent materials for the asphalt industry.
- Undertake laboratory testing, delivered on time and to required accuracy.
- To engage, co-ordinate and contribute to successful project deliveries as required (Effective interpretation and reporting to facilitate successful project outcomes).
- Develop effective ways of evaluating product or concept characteristics
- Develop and carry out specialist testing to complement projects.
- Assist with general laboratory testing as required, complying with relevant laboratory Quality procedures and regulations.
- Engage with suppliers as appropriate to investigate potential new constituents and define and validate benefits.
- Contribute to ‘out of the box’ thinking to identify potential new markets and products
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for the role of R&D Technologist will have experience of:
A degree in a science, pavement engineering.
Membership of relevant Industry organisation(s)
Effective planning, organisational and time management skills.
Effective reporting skills
Laboratory experience preferred.
Good understanding of both industry and Tarmac current products and service portfolio and keen to focus on future needs / opportunities.
Strong knowledge of current A&A testing methods.
Planning, organising and time management skills
In addition to the role of R&D Technologist we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities ( employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc.(REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+ , Parents & carers, Ability , Wellbeing, Female voice and menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited