Rail Sidings Lead Operative
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
Are you a passionate and dynamic Rail Sidings Lead Operator looking for your next role?
We are currently looking for a Rail Sidings Lead Operator to join our friendly team based at our Tunstead Quarry, close to Buxton in Derbyshire. This role is easily commutable from Buxton, Sheffield, Stockport, Chesterfield, Manchester, Macclesfield, Mansfield, Dronfield, Leek, Stoke-on-Trent and the surrounding areas.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds, therefore prior experience in a Rail environment isn’t always necessary for success.
The successful candidate for the role of Rail Sidings Lead Operator will have a wide range of responsibilities including (not exhaustive):
- Control all rail movements and activities within the rail sidings on a shift basis
- Complete weekly Reg 12 inspections, capturing concerns on Reg 12 t-card
- Ensure Loco inspections are completed on a daily basis, and any faults are reported/addressed
- Provide leadership to sidings shift team, strive to meet and fulfil daily KPIs for the Sidings area
- Ensuring all train loading, shunting, cleaning, track, wagon and other associated maintenance/engineering and improvement activities are conducted efficiently, safely and by trained personnel
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the business you're working for by identifying and taking ownership of opportunities for improvement to the processes you use, the services you will provide and the values you can add to the business
- Exceptional time management is essential
- Delivery of Toolbox talks to the team
- Ensure shift adherence to the rail plan and that your team are productive and efficient in their duties
- Leadership not only of your team, but contractors associated with the role and your area
Key Stakeholders you will liaise with in the responsibilities of this role:
- National Logistics Team - Area Operations Teams – Rail Hauliers – Customers - Roadstone Operators - Chemstone Operators - Rail Logistics - Engineering Department - Quality Assurance Team - Maintenance Team - Cement Control Room Operators - External Providers
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for the role of Rail Sidings Lead Operator will be able to demonstrate:
- ESSENTIAL - Experienced working as a Lead / Supervisor in a rail environment
- ESSENTIAL - Knowledge of the Rail Industry including shunting, train loading, loco driving, P/way maintenance
- NVQ/QCF level 2 in rail operations or industry equivalent – would prove highly beneficial; although not essential as training will be provided to the successful applicant to achieve this qualification
- Good working knowledge of IT software packages, i.e. - Microsoft Office, word, emails
- Experience of working within a busy environment, as is the ability to work with multiple colleagues and suppliers
In addition to the role of Rail Sidings Lead Operator we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
@Tarmac #Tarmac #Tarmaccareers #RailSidingsLeadOperator #SidingsLeadOperator #RailLeadOperator #RailIndustry #RailFreight #Railtransportation #Rail
Tarmac Trading Limited