Rail Sidings Operative
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
Are you a passionate and dynamic Rail Sidings Operator looking for your next role?
We are currently looking for a Rail Sidings Operator to join our friendly team based at our Tunstead Quarry, close to Buxton in Derbyshire. This role is easily commutable from Buxton, Sheffield, Stockport, Chesterfield, Manchester, Macclesfield, Mansfield, Dronfield, Leek, Stoke-on-Trent and the surrounding areas.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds, therefore prior experience in a Rail environment isn’t always necessary for success.
The successful candidate for the role of Rail Sidings Operator will have a wide range of responsibilities including (not exhaustive):
- Train loading on time and in full
- Shunting Operations
- Locomotive Driving
- Rail, Rail Track and Plant inspections
- Key involvement in all rail movement and activities
- Assist with any failures in the delivery of the operation with the support of our operations and production teams
- Exceptional time management is essential
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the business you're working for by identifying and taking ownership of opportunities for improvement to the processes you use, the services you will provide and the values you can add to the business
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for our role of Rail Sidings Operator will be able to demonstrate:
- Secondary school education, GCSE’s etc or equivalent
- NVQ/QCF level 2 in rail operations or industry equivalent – would prove highly beneficial; although training to achieve this qualification will be given to the successful applicant if required
- Background in Rail Operations - Shunting / Driving preferred
- Computer literate
- Mechanical knowledge
- Experience of working within a busy environment is advantageous as is the ability to work with multiple colleagues and suppliers
In addition to the role of Rail Sidings Operator we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
@Tarmac #Tarmac #Tarmaccareers #RailSidingsOperator #SidingsOperator #RailOperator
Tarmac Trading Limited