Regional Contracts Manager
Founded in 1968, Griffiths is one of the leading civil engineering and rail contractors working throughout Wales, the midlands and south-west England. With an annual turnover of circa £225m our 1000+ directly employed, well-trained, dedicated and highly competent workforce deliver client solutions which includes Welsh Government, Network Rail, Highways England, local authorities, Utility Companies and selected private sector organisations.
In 2018, Griffiths became part of Tarmac, the UK’s leading sustainable building materials business and a wholly owned subsidiary of CRH. Griffiths has over 1,000 employees operating across 100 sites or schemes at any given time.
We are now recruiting for a Regional Contracts Manager to be based at our Head Offices in Abergavenny.
We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As a Regional Contracts Manager, you will report into the Operations Director and take operational responsibility for the performance of the region including the safe, timely and profitable delivery of multiple projects within the business unit. You will also contribute to and drive the delivery of key strategic business objectives and demonstrate a collaborative approach to key clients, stakeholders and CRH businesses.
The Regional Contracts Manager will be a varied role and you will be accountable for providing leadership, guidance, and direction to teams to ensure all stated objectives, aims and targets are achieved.
On a day to day basis, the successful candidate's duties and responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Leading and ensuring delivery of the operational area strategy and deliver against budgeted targets.
- Providing planning support and guidance in line with contract requirements.
- Drive the Business Strategy, ensuring all operational activities comply with SHEQ procedures & business policies and are delivered within the required budget.
- Collaborating with all clients, stakeholders and CRH businesses, promoting One CRH
- Producing Month End Commercial Reports, Forecasts, H&S KPIs and where required provide improvement plans.
- Leading and promoting change within the regional business.
- Ensuring that the team maximise financial returns on all contracts
- Collaborating with Preconstruction supporting on all tender opportunities
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking to hear from people who have prior experience as a Contracts Manager or a similar position and are looking for a new challenge.
If you have demonstrable experience and a passion for Continuous Improvement, developing people and can show a strong customer focus, then we think you could be a good fit.
Although not essential, if you have a degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent and are either a member of (or are working towards) a chartered membership of a relevant body such as ICE or CIHT, then this would be beneficial.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Hybrid Working
- Company Car/Allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc.(REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female voice and Menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac Trading Limited