Regional Engineer Manager
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Regional Engineering Manager to join our friendly team based in our Tarmac Stancombe Quarry, Bristol.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds
You will ensure continuous improvement methodologies are applied that improves the operational scorecard.
As well, you’ll provide an effective link between the Operations management and the maintenance team. Delivering high-quality service to all sections of the site.
- Leading a 24/7 department to optimise production equipment uptime and manufacture Aircrete Blocks
- Ensuring legislative and statutory inspections compliance and implementation of safety / reliability / quality initiatives.
- Coaching and development of the engineering team to ensure the right levels of competency and behaviours.
- Overall responsibility for managing the engineering workload ensuring optimum levels of safety and OEE are maintained, and driving engineering performance through KPI’s
- Manage the sourcing, pricing and safe commissioning of contractors for specialist tasks.
- Role modelling an exemplary approach to Health and Safety, contributing proactively to a safe working environment and working collaboratively to build a culture of continuous improvement
- Day to day budgetary management of maintenance spend and stores inventory.
- Develop technical solutions to defined engineering opportunities and manage project delivery.
- Manage area budget and P&L
- Deputise for the Site Manager in their absence
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate an extended and proven maintenance, inspection and technology experience. As well as be confident with running numerous projects including development or implementation of preventive and predictive maintenance processes.
Key to your success will be your exceptional communication skills. As an influential and persuasive leader, you will have a successful track record in managing, developing, motivating and inspiring both direct reports and people in your wider organisation to cultivate strong, engaged and competent teams.
- Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Working knowledge of HSE / IOSH managing safely
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac Trading Limited