Founded in 1968, Griffiths is one of the leading civil engineering and rail contractors working throughout Wales, the midlands and south-west England. With an annual turnover of circa £225m our 1000+ directly employed, well-trained, dedicated and highly competent workforce deliver client solutions which includes Welsh Government, Network Rail, Highways England, local authorities, Utility Companies and selected private sector organisations.
In 2018, Griffiths became part of Tarmac, the UK’s leading sustainable building materials business and a wholly owned subsidiary of CRH. Griffiths has over 1,000 employees operating across 100 sites or schemes at any given time.
We're now recruiting for a Regional Engineer for the Western region of our rail division who will be responsible for providing engineering support to projects through Grip stages 2-7 as assigned. Accountable to the Rail Engineering Manager with responsibilities reporting to the Contracts Manager for day-to-day management support.
The Regional Engineer is accountable for, but not limited to, the following:
- Provide technical expertise, support and advice on all GRIP Stage 3 and 7
- Support ECI process on projects where options development and appraisal are required by the client.
- Undertake CRE construction for allocated schemes
- Liaison with client, DPE, designers, CEM and other CRE disciplines as required
- Ensure the policies and procedures of the Rail Management System are fully discharged
- Promote and maintain effective client/stakeholder relationships to protect and enhance the company’s reputation to help enable repeat business
- Uphold the core company values, inspire and encourage the same throughout the team
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role it is likely the ideal candidate will have a relevant Degree or HND in civil engineering or be in possession of relevant equivalent experience.
You'll also have a high level of engineering acumen and be a confident and articulate communicator. As this is a management level opportunity, your proven leadership skills will also need to demonstrated, as will your extensive IT skills.
It would be beneficial if you were a PTS and CSCS card holder and had SMSTS or equivalent.
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support part-time and flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.
Tarmac Trading Limited