Regional Estimator (England)
Founded in 1968 Griffiths are one of the leading civil engineering and construction organisations working in Wales, the English border counties, and the West of England.
We pride ourselves in providing the “personal touch” establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships at all levels within client organisations, throughout the supply chain and with stakeholders.
We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry we offer a range of career development opportunities as a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC. We are looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm, and collaborative approach to join our team. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
We are currently looking for a Regional Estimator (England) to join our ambitious team.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds. We operate a flexible working policy and as such this role will be based at our Bristol offices.
In this role you will be responsible for a number of tasks including:
- Working with regional operational teams on tenders based in England, assessing tender information for discussion in internal meetings to develop tender strategy.
- Raise tender clarifications and contribute with key questions and assessments for mid-tender meetings. Maintain up to date understanding of Tender, reviewing and amending the tender based on feedback from the client clarifications.
- Sourcing the most competitive external quotes for activities not covered internally. Reviewing and assessing subcontractor’s submissions, seeking best value offer.
- Furnishing our buying department with material quants for current market rates.
- Working closely with Tender Planner to develop a winning tender strategy, reviewing programme and buildability techniques with the planner.
- Producing BoQ using Causeway Estimating Package for all tenders, undertaking take-off as required or managing take-off process where internal/external resource is used.
- Contribute to updating libraries in Causeway Estimating Package as required, having detailed understanding of pricing works from first principles
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of market rates, keeping up to date with current and new techniques
- Visiting sites as required to assess tender requirements and understand best practice/lessons learned from successful tenders.
- Complete the Terms & Condition /Exclusions & Clarifications for each individual tender.
- Facilitate the review of all tenders by senior leadership team prior to submission, including risk reviews. Addressing outcomes of tender reviews prior to submission.
- Submitting the tender pack in a full and timely manner to the client.
- Attend the tender meetings with clients and represent Griffiths in relation to financial discussions.
- Produce a tender pack for handover to Operations, once tenders have been awarded. Leading internal tender handover meetings
- Feed back to the rest of the team on lessons learned over the tender process with that particular client and/or subcontractors.
The Ideal Candidate
As the ideal candidate it is anticipated that you will have:
- Proven IT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint mandatory)
- Well-developed Causeway Estimating Skills (or similar transferable skills)
- Take off abilities including use of software packages.
- Able to perform well in a team environment
- In depth understanding of construction industry terminology and delivery methods
- demonstrable organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise and work to challenging deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree/or equivalent with ideally 4 to 7 years of civil engineering industry experience or without a degree, ideally 6 to 10 years of relevant equivalent civil engineering industry experience
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support part-time and flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.
Tarmac Trading Limited