Regional Finance Manager
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Regional Finance Manager, Contracting to join our team based in Colchester, Essex.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Working as a key member of the Finance team, you’ll play a pivotal role in producing insightful and relevant reporting for senior management to support key decision making. You will also support the Head of Finance with preparation of regional 5-year strategic plan, budget and outlook presentations; preparation of regional MI including the monthly SVP review pack; reporting and reviewing regional support costs. The role will mean you will Engage with wider Tarmac stakeholders, including finance business planning, strategic finance and national performance teams. The successful candidate will ensure regional compliance and engagement with internal controls, internal audit and external audit teams, including being primary point of contact for the co-ordination of SOx activities and process improvement activities in the region.
- Manages the month end reporting process for management accounts ensuring robust and timely completion of Month End accounts in line with CRH 'No Surprises' culture
- Works to increase the level of automation and 'Fix at Source' philosophy across the entire process, to drive efficiency and transparency
- Oversees the production of the monthly executive reporting package, identifying and highlighting key business trends and tracking critical actions designed to improve financial performance, to ensure delivery
- Coaches other members of the finance team and regional colleagues in best practice reporting and controls
- Plays a key role in proactively developing the long-term management information strategy for the business, identifying process improvement opportunities and delivering effective and practical solutions
- Key liaison between central finance, other BUs and IT departments in respect of management information development
- Provides the Regional interface between financial planning systems and core reporting systems Ownership of ad doc data analysis and modelling requirements. Ensures efficient and robust extraction of data from underlying systems
- Manages engagement with the Internal Controls, Internal Audit and External Audit team on behalf of the Regional Finance team.
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified accountant , either formally or through experience
- Proven technical financial knowledge, ideally with professional accounting qualification and relevant experience
- Detailed knowledge and expertise in financial and ERP systems
- Demonstrable data analysis and manipulation skills. Advanced Excel skills are key
- Well organised and able to manage multiple tasks and effectively prioritise to meet deadlines
- Appreciation of MI development principles and best practice.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support part-time and flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.
Tarmac Trading Limited