Regional Transport Manager
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Home based Transport Manager to join our team. Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it is important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As a home-based Transport Manager, you will cover the East and South East of England. Tarmac have sites based in Alfreton - Derbyshire, East Tilbury - Essex and East Sussex so it would be a bonus if you were commutable to one of these locations.
The successful Transport Manager will be reporting to the Senior Logistics Manager and manage the performance of the block haulage delivery fleet. You will also be responsible for ensuring haulage availability and quality as well as acquiring additional haulage providers to meet business requirements.
Furthermore, you will additionally conduct haulier safety meetings and monitor haulier safety performance plus conducting investigations when required into haulier complaints and safety incidents.
On a day to day basis, the successful Transport Manager's duties and responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Ensuring all own fleet drivers and hauliers (employed, contract or hired) are inducted in Tarmac SHE polices and local procedures
- Carrying out regular vehicle safety audits to include road worthiness and compliance with Tarmac vehicle standards.
- Ensuring all records of inductions and audits are kept up to date.
- Communicating any new or changed polices to own, contract or hired/external fleet.
- Build and maintain relationships with contract and external hauliers and drivers.
- Liaise with Business and Production Managers to ensure correct procedures are followed in the managing of Hauliers on site.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate should be able to show experience in Transport Management legislation, contract negotiation along with an ability to work under pressure.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac Trading Limited