Reliability Maintenance Manager
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Reliability Maintenance Manager to join our friendly team based in our Mountsorrel Quarry, near Loughborough in Leicestershire.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The purpose of this role of Reliability Maintenance Manager is to maintain continuous production and improve efficiencies safely through effectively implementing preventative maintenance schedules and responding in a timely manner to breakdown repairs.
In the role of Reliability Maintenance Manager, you’ll provide an effective link between the Operations management and the Engineering team and will deliver a high-quality service to all sections of the quarry.
Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager your direct reports will manage, stores, purchasing and planning. Your responsibilities will include:
- Promoting the maintenance management system, ensuring the application of maintenance procedures, methods and best practices
- Ensuring planning and scheduling of maintenance operations, and looking for the optimum use of resources, equipment availability and maintenance cost
- Contributing to and assisting in the implementation of improvement plans agreed with Engineering Manager and/or other members of the senior leadership team
- Assisting the Engineering department in achieving its budget targets through the efficient use of materials and replacement parts
- Ownership of the PPM system and ensure effective use of resource to deliver 100% adherence to schedule against the PPM schedule
- Maintaining and improving standards of hygiene and housekeeping in all areas of the Quarry including the engineering office and workshop
- Assisting in the specification and installation of new equipment for the site
- Developing and improving the knowledge and skills of apprentice engineers
- Maintaining Health and Safety rules and regulations and ensure all Safe Systems of Work are signed off and complied with
- Leading the shutdown projects, coordinating all planned maintenance activities, monitoring timeframes ensuring costs are aligned with budget
The Ideal Candidate
The successful applicant in the role of Reliability Maintenance Manager will be instrumental in the future development and support of the reliability culture to achieve the benefits available through continuous improvement strategy. They will have experience as an Engineering Manager/Lead within a similar heavy manufacturing industry and line management experience will be essential.
Reliability Maintenance Manager - Qualifications/Requirements/Capabilities:
- ONC/HNC/HND - Desirable and would prove highly beneficial along with a recognised apprenticeship, preferably a higher-level standard
- Mechanical, Pneumatic and Hydraulic systems knowledge - essential
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement techniques
- Challenge people, hold them accountable for job completion and quality of completion
- Computer literate - familiarity with computer software (word, excel, etc)
- Demonstrate problem solving capabilities
- Good presentation, communication and skills with positive, proactive can - do attitude
In the role of Reliability Maintenance Manager we additionally offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited