Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today, but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently seeking a Reporting Accountant to join our Group Finance and Business Planning Team. The role will be based at our head office in Solihull, however please be advised that Tarmac embraces a hybrid way of working.
This role represents an outstanding opportunity for a recently qualified Chartered accountant looking for their first move into commerce and industry, or an already qualified accountant with experience gained within commerce and industry who is looking to move into a role within a finance function that is rapidly evolving, and a business that offers outstanding opportunities for career growth and development for finance professionals.
The Reporting Accountant will play a key role within the Group Finance team. You will be responsible for preparing the Tarmac consolidated month end and year end reporting packs, and ensuring that Tarmac's results are reported in line with accounting standards. You will also support the preparation of the annual statutory accounts of all of Tarmac's UK subsidiaries. In addition, you will also be responsible for reporting Tarmac’s cash flow position, along with full year forecast and budget.
This role offers an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to gain a wide range of exposure, not only across Tarmac, but also the wider CRH Group, a FTSE 100 listed global construction materials manufacturer and supplier with revenues of c€30bn. You will enjoy exposure across multiple business units, have opportunity to engage senior stakeholders within both Tarmac and CRH, and get involved in large-scale projects that will enable you to further develop your existing knowledge and experience.
- Prepare consolidation journals within the HFM system, ensuring appropriate documentation is maintained for all adjustments and relevant reconciliations are performed as required
- Prepare key consolidation schedules on specific balance sheet areas, for example: intercompany, provisions, fixed assets, JVs, bad debt
- Support with carrying out appropriate checks and balances within the HFM and ExQL systems
- Support with the preparation of the monthly financial pack for the CFO
- Prepare certain key SOx controls that sit within the reporting team
- Responsibility for certain key SAP reconciliations including central held provisions
- Work closely with R2R stats team to provide support with the preparation of the annual statutory accounts for all UK subsidiaries
- Take responsibility for preparation of the ExQL cashflow position including full year forecast and budget
- Work closely with R2R team to ensure alignment of accounting practices with Group guidance and ensure source data feeding into HFM is as accurate as possible including mapping of source data
- Prepare materials for monthly cash flow reporting to explain key cash flow trends
- Take ownership of ad doc data analysis and modelling requirements in respect of cash flow and working capital, including feeding into impairment models and the budget/forecasting process
- Build and maintain the top-down funds flow model for Tarmac Group in order to report a full year phased cash flow forecast as part of the month end reporting cycle.
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong technical financial knowledge. Must have a professional accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA)
- Must be well organised and able to manage multiple tasks and effectively prioritise to meet deadlines
- Strong verbal and written presentation skills
- Possess a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits, including:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities including: BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited