Road Surfacing Operative
Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently recruiting for a Road Surfacing Operative to join our friendly Road Surfacing team working on the Road Surfacing project of works across Wales and the West Midlands. This role will be based from our Kington site, near Presteigne and you will be required to travel across the assigned region dependant of current works requirements.
The role is easily accessible from Presteigne, Builth Wells, Llandrindoc Wells, Kington, Leominster, Hereford, Three Cocks, Brecon, Ludlow, Newtown, Tenbury Wells and surrounding areas.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Foreman, you as the Road Surfacing Operative will be part of an Asphalt machine lay gang working on a variety of schemes such as motorways, airfields, new build carriageways, local authority streetworks, private and industrial commercial works. Experience in a similar role will be a distinct advantage.
Your responsibilities as the Road Surfacing Operative will include (not exhaustive):
- Working with asphalt on-site and operating machinery (including pavers, heavy rollers and JCB 2CXs) for which you will require the requisite competency cards
- Operating Mobile Plant on site
- Ensure Plant conforms with safety requirements at all times and that plant availability is maximised
- Assist the Supervisor with meeting daily/weekly production targets
- Follow SHE policies and procedures
- Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality responsibilities
- Inspections on the plant and acting on defects and implement remedial action
- Working to keep housekeeping around site to a high standard
You must be able to travel across the region of work, this could be local or across the West Midlands
We are open to individual applications or from established Gangs/Teams
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate proven experience working within a similar environment. As well as possess good communication skills and have a real desire in developing both operative and supervisory skills.
To succeed in the role of a Road Surfacing Operative the following is what we are looking for in a future colleague:
- Experienced in road surfacing including asphalt; although product knowledge is not essential
- Good Timekeeping – flexible as to the site requirements
- Good Communication skills – bringing problems to the attention of Line Management
- Full UK Driving Licence with no more than 6 points
- CSCS Card
- Have knowledge of Risk Assessments
- Have knowledge of SSOW (HIRA) and Permit systems (preferred; but not essential)
You as the Road Surfacing Operative must be flexible to work varying shifts including nights and weekends due to the nature of the projects we work on
Along with the role of Road Surfacing Operative we additionally offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
@Tarmac #Tarmac #TarmacCareers #Roadsurfacing #Roadsurfacingoperative #multiskilledoperative #skilledoperative #Cement #Readymix #RMX #Asphalt #Operative #Plantoperative
Tarmac Trading Limited