Great Rate of Pay + Fantastic Benefits
Temporary Contract until the end of the year
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Roadstone Operator based our site in Tunstead, Buxton. Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The successful candidate will be expected to operate Mobile Plant and associated equipment in a safe and efficient manner to ensure that operational performance is in line with shift targets and that customer requirements are met. They will also be expected:
- To work in a safe manner, ensuring the Health and Safety standards are adhered to
- To ensure that all work activities are carried out in accordance with local safety systems and that any unsafe behaviours are challenged
- To maintain operational performance in line with KPI targets with safe and accurate loading of customer / haulier HGV’s
- To operate Mobile plant in an economical manner to ensure monthly Fuel efficiency targets are met
- To adhere to specified loading process of HGV / Rail wagons to achieve relevant quality standards
- To ensure product loaded or tipped at stockpiles is in accordance with site E&T standard / rules
- To respond to internal / external demands for products or other requests that may require an alteration to the blending process
- To monitor stock availability to ensure products are available in the right place at the right time for customer supply and demand
- To maintain a good standard of general housekeeping in Mobile plant and workplace areas
- To have ownership of plant cleaning throughout the Stone Section
- To maintain and improve housekeeping standards within all areas of the Stone Section with specific attention to specific areas of ownerships
- To capture and record stock movements
- To liaise with Shift/Production Supervisors and contribute to any RCA investigations into quality complaints
- To work in accordance with Quality procedures and instructions to prevent customer complaints.
- To report any Safety defects Stone Shift Supervisor
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a similar industry. They will also have experience:
- Operating loading shovels and dumpers in a safe and efficient manner
- Operating Roadstone Plant
- Of working with and understanding Aggregate Product specification
- Of keeping accurate records
- Of understanding and adhering to site specific SHE procedures and safe working practices
- Of basic report writing
- Good verbal and communication skills
- Reliable and punctual
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Keen eye for detail
- NVQ Level 2 Specialised Plant and Machinery Operations (Mobile Plant)
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac Trading Limited