SHEQ Advisor (Infrastructure)
Founded in 1968 Griffiths are one of the leading civil engineering and construction organisations working in Wales, the English border counties, and the West of England.
We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry we offer a range of career development opportunities as a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC. We are looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm, and collaborative approach to join our team. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
We are currently looking to recruit a SHEQ Advisor to join our teams covering rail and infrastructure projects in the North/Mid Wales region. This would suit an SHEQ candidate who lives, can commute or can relocate to the Mid-North Wales region or can commute from a border county like Shropshire or Cheshire.
The project will oversee the Dyfi Bridge installation which, located on the A487 near Machynlleth, will improve road safety, strengthen links between communities, provide active travel opportunities and build resilience against flooding.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds
Reporting directly to the Head of SHEQ you will be responsible for:
- Proactively promoting SHEQ best practice across projects within the region, identifying practical and deliverable measures to continually improve the overall performance
- Working with operational management/supervisory teams across the business in the implementation of SHEQ standards and procedures necessary to ensure compliance with current applicable legislation and client requirements.
- Providing professional occupational health and safety advice and guidance to project management, supervisors, workforce and contractors
- Being in conjunction with management to assist with formal accident, incident and close call investigations
- Undertaking site safety tours and inspections on behalf of the business
- Supporting operations, undertaking safety stand-downs and focused briefings within your area of responsibility
- Providing projects with Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental direction to ensure the business discharges its legal duty
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a candidate who possesses the following skills:
- To be self-motivated with a pro-active can do attitude and approach
- Strong personal and organisational skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload
- To have proven experience in an Infrastructure SHEQ Advisory role
- Recognised occupational Health and Safety with membership of IOSH. (Ideally NEBOSH Construction, NVQ Level 5/6)
- Environmentally qualified with membership of IEMA (Desirable)
- Detailed knowledge of both rail and civil engineering interfaces and practices
- CSCS card
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Company Car/Allowance
- Training & Development
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited