Founded in 1968 Griffiths are one of the leading civil engineering and construction organisations working in Wales, the English border counties, and the West of England.
We pride ourselves in providing the “personal touch” establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships at all levels within client organisations, throughout the supply chain and with stakeholders.
We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry we offer a range of career development opportunities as a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC. We are looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm, and collaborative approach to join our team. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a SHEQ Adviser to join our team on an initial six months interim basis. We are looking for an experienced SHEQ Adviser to cover our South Wales and Southwest England Site. We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of backgrounds.
- Review local working practices, engage with project and operational management teams and provide feedback to BU/local line management to influence and support business SHEQ Strategy
- Undertake inspections/audits of site/units to ensure consistent application of business standards, other applicable industry standards and legislative requirements
- Produce regional reports raising issues with recommendations and data analysis
- Support the operational teams with the communication and roll out of new standards and procedures
- Provide specialist advice, support and recommendations on all area of SHEQ support BU line management to ensure incidents are reported and investigated as per business standards, identifying direct and root causes and supporting the implementation of corrective actions.
- Represent the business with respect to external organisations as required
- Participate and support safety or consultative committees within the business/region
- Identify significant SHEQ impacts and help set-up appropriate controls.
- Supporting the delivery of the SHEQ Management Systems within the region
- Review HSE and incident statistics to identify trends and areas for improvement
- Develop and implement SHEQ campaigns and continual improvement plans in agreement with the SHEQ Management team
- Providing input into pre-qualification, tender and awards submissions
- Strong working rapport with site and operational management – respected and with credible challenge as required.
- Work in an integrated and collaborative way with the wider SHEQ team to deliver the full support offer to the site and operational teams.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a candidate who possesses the following skills:
- Experience of similar role/level within a relevant sector(s)
- Relationship building with the wider operations team.
- Analytical strength to recognise performance trends
- Experience of applying processes that are tailored to business need e.g. incident investigation and risk mitigation
- Clear understanding and belief in behavioural based safety and visible felt leadership
- Good communication and influencing skills suitable for engaging with all levels within the business and external influences.
- Good general IT literacy, numeracy and writing skills
- Good cross business team working, good understanding of SHEQ requirements, with experience of influencing staff at all levels
- Good understanding of continual improvement and SHEQ performance measurement, evaluation & improvement
- Good knowledge and experience of statutory legislation, regulations and applicable industry standards and best practice
- Be familiar and conversant with 45001, 14001, 9001, 50001 and PAS99
- CSCS Card
- Full UK driving licence
- Grad IOSH
- 9001 experience
- Medically fit.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Car or car allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support part-time and flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.
Tarmac Trading Limited