Founded in 1968 Griffiths are one of the leading civil engineering and construction organisations working in Wales, the English border counties, and the West of England.
We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry we offer a range of career development opportunities as a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC. We are looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm, and collaborative approach to join our team. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
We are currently looking to recruit a SHEQ Advisor to join our teams covering sites across North Wales.
Purpose of role
To support, advise and review SHEQ practices at a site level within any allocated region to provide Health & Safety advice & support to project and operational management teams to prevent incidents, injury, damage, operational losses, environmental issues, quality and occupational health problems from occurring.
Provide constructive feedback from a site perspective to both Regional line management and HSE Line management.
Play a key role as part of the SHEQ team to help develop and deliver the region’s SHEQ Strategy.
The SHEQ Advisor is accountable for, but not limited to, the following:
- Review local working practices, engage with project and operational management teams and provide feedback to BU/local line management to influence and support business SHEQ Strategy
- Maintain regular communication with regional managers to ensure you attend all pre-start meetings
- Undertake inspections/audits of sites/units to ensure consistent application of business standards, other applicable industry standards and legislative requirements are complied with.
- Support the operational teams with the communication and roll out of new standards and procedures
- Produce regional reports raising issues with recommendations and data analysis
- Support Project & Operational Teams with AGC incident investigation and reporting process, including liaison with Client Representatives and Regulator bodies as directed by the SHEQ Manager
- Provide specialist advice, support and recommendations on all area of SHEQ support and BU line management to ensure incidents are reported and investigated as required by their business unit standards, identifying direct, root causes and supporting the implementation of corrective actions.
- Represent the business with respect to external organisations as required
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of similar role/level within a relevant sector(s)
- Analytical strength to recognise performance trends
- Experience of applying processes that are tailored to business needs e.g., incident investigation and risk mitigation
- Clear understanding and belief in behavioural based safety and visibly felt leadership
- Good communication and influencing skills suitable for engaging with all levels within the business and external influences.
- Good general IT literacy, numeracy and writing skills
- Good cross business team working, good understanding of SHEQ requirements, with experience of influencing staff at all levels
- Good understanding of continual improvement and SHEQ performance measurement, evaluation & improvement
- Good knowledge and experience of statutory legislation, regulations and applicable industry standards and best practice
- Lead Auditor 45001
- Knowledge of 14001/9001
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Company Car/Allowance
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited