Founded in 1968 Griffiths are one of the leading civil engineering and construction organisations working in Wales, the English border counties, and the West of England.
We pride ourselves in providing the “personal touch” establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships at all levels within client organisations, throughout the supply chain and with stakeholders.
We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry we offer a range of career development opportunities as a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC. We are looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm, and collaborative approach to join our team. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a SHEQ Auditor to join our Quality and Assurance Team based at our Abergavenny offices.
As an internal auditor, you'll provide an independent guarantee that Griffiths risk management, governance and control processes are operating effectively.
You'll work within our rail and infrastructure business to monitor and evaluate how well risks are being managed, how business is running and if internal processes are working.
The role will also involve advising management on how to improve their systems and processes.
The scope and nature of audits can vary significantly, but the main priority of your work is to ensure any issues that affect the survival and prosperity of the business are dealt with.
The role reports directly to the Quality Assurance Manager and will form an integral part of the SHEQ Team.
Key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Maintain internal control systems by updating audit programs and questionnaires, recommending new policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Assessing how well the business is complying to rules and regulations and informing management of any issues that need addressing
- Travelling to different sites to meet relevant staff and obtain documents and information and complete audits.
- Prepare audit findings, write audit reports, and develop recommendations and agree them with relevant staff members to make improvements to operations
- Assist with external audits by accreditation bodies and clients
- Providing advice and guidance to managers and staff at all levels, sometimes by delivering courses and training sessions.
- Providing support and guidance to management on how to handle new opportunities
- Anticipating emerging issues through research and interviews and deciding how best to deal with them
- Managing a variety of stakeholders and their expectations through regular communications.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a candidate who possesses the following skills:
- Post graduate qualification or relevant equivalent experience
- A background of a SHEQ Auditor with experience of working on rail and infrastructure sites
- Experienced in auditing ISO9001, 14001 and 45001
- Lead auditor qualification to ISO9001 or other related ISO standards
- Proven understanding of audit theories, principles, and practices
- Familiarity with operational railway environment and applicable procedures and standards.
- 3-6 years’ experience in construction is advantageous
- PTS – Personal Track Safety (preferred)
- Full UK driving licence
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Car or car allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support part-time and flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.
Tarmac Trading Limited