SRF Plant Operative
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a SRF Plant Operative to join our team in Tunstead, Buxton.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
In the role of SRF Plant Operative, you will be responsible for:
Producing alternative Fuel’s to meet the Cement plant demands.
This will cover weekends and be responsible for reception, blending, shredding and associated activities to produce a designed fuel for use in the cement works.
Manage operations whilst site manager in not on site.
Committed to maintaining and improving health and safety and environmental standards is essential.
Deliver the Site objectives; with continuous improvement of the operation including maintenance of the shredding and processing line therefore mechanical engineering experience is essential.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for the role of SRF Plant Operative must have experience of:
- A valid driving license
- Mechanical engineering ability and application and/or maintenance qualification.
- CITB certificate on items of Mobile Plant – or equivalent
- IOSH certificate/Safety Passport
- Proven experience of Production Maintenance (ideal)
- In-depth knowledge of practical mechanical operations
- Knowledge of IMS and improvement
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities ( employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc.(REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+ , Parents & carers, Ability , Wellbeing, Female voice and menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited