Section Engineering Manager
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Section Engineering Manager to join our friendly team based in our Mountsorrel Quarry, Leicestershire.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The purpose of this role is to maintain continuous production and improve efficiencies safely through effectively implementing preventative maintenance schedules and responding in a timely manner to breakdown repairs.
In this role you’ll provide an effective link between the Operations management and the Engineering team and will deliver a high-quality service to all sections of the quarry. You will be working closely with all members of the engineering organization, reporting directly to the Engineering Manager. Your responsibilities will include:
- Promoting the maintenance management system, ensuring the application of maintenance procedures, methods and best practices.
- Ensuring planning and scheduling of maintenance operations, and looking for the optimum use of resources, equipment availability and maintenance cost.
- Contributing to and assisting in the implementation of improvement plans agreed with Engineering Manager or other members of the senior leadership team
- Ensuring business development project work as identified by the Engineering Manager is undertaken in an effective manner and completed within budget and on time
- Assisting the Engineering department in achieving its budget targets through the efficient use of materials and replacement parts
- Ownership of the PPM system and ensure effective use of resource to deliver 100% adherence to schedule against the PPM schedule
- Effective time management and prioritisation of activities
- Undertaking direct line management of your engineering shift team
- Maintaining and improving standards of hygiene and housekeeping in all areas of the Quarry including the engineering office and workshop
- Ensuring emergency breakdown repairs are executed in a timely and efficient way on all production equipment
- Assisting in the specification and installation of new equipment for the site
- Developing and improving the knowledge and skills of apprentice engineers
- Ensuring supervision and safe operating procedures for visiting contractors
- Maintaining Health and Safety rules and regulations and ensure all Safe Systems of Work are signed off and complied with
- Identifying potential hazards/risks to the Health and Safety Manager/responsible person upon discovery and be proactive in ensuring corrective actions are completed in a timely and cost effective manner
- Leading the shutdown projects, coordinating all planned maintenance activities, monitoring timeframes ensuring costs are aligned with budget.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful applicant will be instrumental in the future development and support of the reliability culture to achieve the benefits available through continuous improvement strategy. They will have experience as an Engineering Manager/Lead within a similar industry and line management experience will be essential.
- ONC/HNC Desirable
- Recognised apprenticeship preferably a higher-level standard
- Mechanical, Pneumatic and hydraulic systems knowledge
- Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques
- Challenge people, hold them accountable for job completion and quality of completion
- Computer literate. Familiarity with computer software (word, excel, etc)
- Demonstrate problem solving capabilities
- Good presentation, communication and skills
- A positive, proactive can - do attitude
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac Trading Limited