Senior Finance Manager A&A
The Senior Finance Manager for Aggregates & Asphalt will manage the provision of regional financial information and reports as part of the regional finance team.
It's a varied role where you will lead on the completeness of month end results reporting, including the business planning cycle, annual budgets, and monthly forecasts. You will support the Senior Finance Manager, providing financial advice, insight, support and challenge as appropriate to both the senior management team and the Regional Head of Finance, to improve overall business performance.
Your regular activities will include:
- Supporting CAPEX schedules including capital expenditure authorisations, project evaluations and forecasts.
- Leading and driving value chain analysis alongside contract margin reviews, for complete end to end understanding of group contract profitability.
- Leading the provision of accurate, timely and SOx compliant accounting information in support of the senior regional team and ensure controls and governance are adhered to and in compliance with company accounting policies.
- Playing a key role, working closely with senior management team as a business partner, providing critical support as part of the decision making processes including tactical planning and decisions, importantly providing an impartial conscience acting with integrity.
- Working closely with business and other finance colleagues to ensure clarification and understanding of business performance & consistent application of accounting policies and procedures.
- Improving the impact, and understanding, of financial reporting on business performance
- Ensuring robust and accurate forecasts and budgets through review and challenge.
- Provide effective support to the A&A Commercial and Operations Directors as well as the broader regional senior management team.
- Building partnerships and credible, lasting relationships with all senior managers and their teams and provide financial support to commercial decision making
- Presenting financial performance, full year forecasts and budget variances including understanding financial opportunities and risk
- Mentoring, coach and develop assistant business partner(s).
The Ideal Candidate
We're looking for a qualified accountant with experience of working in operations. We're looking for an individual who is able to partner with the business, providing sound strategic financial advice on how to improve performance. The skills and behaviours you'll demonstrate include:
- Exceptional communication skills, being able to work with people at all levels across the business.
- Collaborative in your approach. We want relationship builders.
- First class finance skills, ideally in a manufacturing, engineering or construction environment. You could also be working in other industries which produce and manufacture products.
- The ability to present, influence and persuade.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. We’re looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm and collaborative approach to join our team of over 7,000 employees across the UK. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
You will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including: Bonus scheme Enhanced holiday entitlement Contributory pension scheme Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc. Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice. Training and development opportunities
Tarmac Trading Limited