Senior Operations Manager
We’re hiring for a Senior Operations Manager – Cement & Cementitious who will ensure the highest safety standards and optimal efficiency are achieved across the four cement packing operations (Aberthaw, Dunbar, Tunstead & West Thurrock) and the Cementitious sites (Barnstone, Swains Park, Eaton Hall & Dove Holes). The successful candidate will drive a culture of safety and performance excellence within the teams and ensure that customers needs are met. This key role is responsible for developing the operational long-term strategy within the cement packing plants and the cementitious business and drive operational excellence that improves the safety, health, performance, and sustainability of our Products. You will also have a responsibility for ensuring that the business optimises its resources to meet customer requirements, managing CAPEX, delivering its financial commitments, ensuring best practices are embedded and consistent and ensuring a culture of continuous improvement with safety at the forefront of all actions. Of course, you will be adept at managing through proven leadership and collaborative working.
In this role you will be responsible for a number of tasks including:
- Deliver any operational changes required to achieve the Cement & Cementitious packed strategy.
- Work closely with the Management Teams to ensure customer needs are met
- Drive operational teams to deliver wider business objectives and develop a long-term project pipeline and capital plan to ensure the business is able to deliver against market trends; existing and new opportunities.
- Establishing frameworks and systems for improving performance and governance of the operations ensuring that the sites are compliant, reliable, optimised with change delivered in a safe and effective manner.
- Responsibility for the packed cement and cementitious production units operational costs.
- Working closely with the Cement Finance Business Partners, plan and control Finance and CAPEX spend, developing cost models for operational efficiencies.
- Develop and drive a culture of continuous improvement, including best practice sharing across the plants. Active benchmarking of costs and productivity across the plants and having a positive impact on operational efficiencies and health and safety - ensuring the health and safety culture is embedded in all sites.
- Identifying and building strategic relationships with key suppliers to ensure all goods and services are delivered to the business in a safe, timely and to specification.
- Management of the technical operations, quality and environmental systems.
- Champion and support new product developments.
- Developing a high performing team in line with the Tarmac Culture, developing individuals to ensure they are continually developing themselves and therefore the business.
- Development of talent within the team and succession planning to ensure resilience and Tarmac being an ‘employer of choice’.
- Overall, influencing, supporting and governing the activities of the Packed Cement and Cementitious operational teams.
The Ideal Candidate
To succeed in this role, it is envisaged that you will have the following:
Managing Budgets and Project Management, including continuous improvement projects
>3 years Operational Management Experience including multi-site responsibility
Good awareness of safety, quality and environmental issues and legislation
An understanding of warehouse, packaging and logistics practices and requirements would be an advantage
Skills / Knowledge:
Industry and market Knowledge
Excellent communication, presentation skills, negotiation, influencing and facilitation skills
Coaching and development of others
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Car or car allowance (role dependent)
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited