Senior Plant Manager
Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently looking for a Senior Site Manager to join our Linford site in Stanford-le-Hope.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager, Tarmac are looking for a Senior Site Manager to join the team.
This position will be dedicated to providing excellent customer service by delivering a world class operation underpinned by a culture of safety, quality and continuous improvement with respect to creating a market leading product with high productivity at optimum cost, while developing an empowered and driven workforce.
The ideal candidate for the role of Senior Site Manager will be able to demonstrate knowledge of understanding of a large 24 hour manufacturing process and be able to show a strong attitude and positivity in a fast-paced and changing environment. Tarmac are looking for someone that can lead and change teams and also have demonstrable budgetary experience.
Engineering experience would be a bonus, but is not essential. We are looking to hear from candidates who can show excellent leadership qualities and can manage areas such as Safety, Transport and Legal Compliance in a competent manner. Previous experience of running a large manufacturing process is essential.
On a day to day basis, the successful candidate's duties and responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Develop and maintain a safe and sustainable environment for the workforce
- Lead, and sustain change in a unionised environment
- Manage and develop the capabilities of your team to build a high performing workforce with a culture of delivery and accountability
- Drive Continuous Improvement activity at the site to cover all aspects of the operation
- Manage the site budget and drive EBITDA
- Ensure policies and procedures including health, safety and environmental requirements are fully compliant with legislation
- Provide operational reports on site performance
- Achieve all production and quality targets
- Develop and implement capital investment projects to improve safety and performance across the site
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for the role of Senior Site Manager will be able to demonstrate proven experience of managing a large production facility and ideally have engineering and project management experience.
Communication skills and the ability to influence others is key along with a real desire to develop the sites engineering capability, thinking skills, and understanding of engineering as a value-add activity.
Along with the role of Senior Site Manager we additionally offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities ( employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc.(REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+ , Parents & carers, Ability , Wellbeing, Female voice and menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited