Senior Process Engineer
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Senior Process Engineer to join our team based in Dunbar Cement Plant, East Lothian, Scotland.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As the successful candidate for the role of Senior Process Engineer, you will be expected to focus on plant performance to enable the plant to achieve its Health Safety Environment and Quality (HSEQ) and performance objectives.
The main elements of the role are to:
- Maintain high safety standards and effectively coach and challenge others to work safely.
- Monitor key process parameters, identify actions and define instructions to deal with deviations from targets.
- Conduct day to day and longer-term investigations to improve performance and optimise plant operations.
- Implement systems, tools and procedures to optimise the production process.
- Support, and where appropriate lead, multidisciplinary teams, projects, Plant Improvement Plans (PIP) and other initiatives to meet business targets.
- Build and maintain positive relations with other teams to achieve the plant’s goals.
The Ideal Candidate
In the role of Senior Process Engineer, the ideal candidate will have experience of:
- Previous proven experience in process engineering (preferably the cement industry) or other relevant industry.
- Degree or equivalent in Chemical Engineering or related subject
- IOSH qualification or willing to work towards.
- IChemE associated – working towards or willing to attain chartered engineer
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities ( employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc.(REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+ , Parents & carers, Ability , Wellbeing, Female voice and menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited