Senior Quantity Surveyor - Maintenance & Bridges
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our team in Norfolk.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Managing Quantity Surveyor, the suitable candidate will be responsible for:
Supporting the preparation of monthly valuations and financial accounts in preparation for invoicing the customer, Norfolk County Council.
Record, monitor and review the financial performance of contracts.
Overseeing the measurement and preparation of valuations with a view to maximising returns under the provisions of the Contract Conditions and Company procedures, driving the reduction of debit and costs.
Supporting regional initiatives leading to cost control and / or cost savings Produce accurate monthly commercial operating statements
Ensuring compliance with company auditing and accounting procedures
Managing measurement and valuation of works undertaken
Take responsibility for a dedicated workstream for end to end delivery to ensure best financial value
The Ideal Candidate
It is preferred, but not essential, that the successful candidate is;
- educated to degree level in quantity surveying, although other equivalent qualifications may be accepted (HNC/HND)
- members of a relevant professional body e.g. CICES, RICS
- experienced of working on general civil engineering projects
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- A passion for safety
- Experience of using the NEC forms of contract
- Drive and ambition to succeed
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Numeracy and analytical ability
- Good negotiation skills
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Organisational ability
- Customer focus and the ability to build relationships.
- Good IT skills specifically on spreadsheets, databases and the ability to adapt to bespoke software packages
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac Trading Limited