Project/Senior Quantity Surveyor
Founded in 1968 Griffiths are one of the leading civil engineering and construction organisations working in Wales, the English border counties, and the West of England.
We pride ourselves in providing the “personal touch” establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships at all levels within client organisations, throughout the supply chain and with stakeholders.
We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry we offer a range of career development opportunities as a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC. We are looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm, and collaborative approach to join our team. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Project Quantity Surveyor or Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our Infrastructure Team to work on the Dwr Cymru Welsh Water Repair & Maintenance Framework, working from the South East Wales office.
We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of backgrounds.
As a Project Quantity Surveyor / Senior Quantity Surveyor you will have worked in the construction industry, preferably on utility or civil engineering projects, but wouldn’t be excluded for consideration if you haven’t. Reporting directly to the Framework Commercial Lead, you will be required to prepare and articulate competent plans for any scale of project that comply with Company and functional procedures and standards. Key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Overseeing the measurement and preparation of valuations
- Preparing and agreeing interim valuations and final accounts
- Recording, monitoring and reviewing the financial performance of contracts
- Managing financial accounts and report to senior management on the project performance
- Liaising and presenting to the client on the project performance
- Securing payments from customers within the specified contract terms
- Subcontract procurement and management of subcontractor accounts
- Pre-contract pricing and agreement project costs.
- Mentor and manage subordinate staff
The Ideal Candidate
It is preferred that the successful candidate are;
- Educated to degree level in Quantity Surveying, although other equivalent qualifications may be accepted (HNC/HND)
- Members of a relevant professional body e.g. CICES, RICS
- Experienced of working on general Civil Engineering projects
- A passion for safety
- Experience of using the NEC forms of contract
- Numeracy and analytical ability
- Good negotiation skills
- Commercial awareness
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Car allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support part-time and flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.
Tarmac Trading Limited