Senior Quantity Surveyor
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a qualified Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our friendly team based at our Head Office in Solihull. Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As the successful candidate you will manage the NEC3 Supply Contract & QS team responsible for the supply of all RMX Concrete on Sections C2/C3 & N1/N2 of HS2. As well as liaise regularly with the customer to ensure the SLA is being adhered to and performance against the contract is maintained.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Preparing measurements and valuations, whilst monitoring and reporting on the financial performance of contract(s) – ensuring that all risks are identified and minimised with measures agreed with the client.
- Invoicing, payment and cash flow in accordance with monthly targets. Agree and track the VOP mechanism to ensure it is correctly applied to RMX prices.
- Monitor and manage the procurement of sub-contract works, providing advice and guidance to operational teams on terms & conditions and following procurement procedures, making accurate provisions/accruals
- Lead the submission of contractual claims and provide notices required under the contract, managing contractual risk and the timely resolution of disputes and cover of any liabilities.
- Reviewing contract conditions and contribute to pricing and settlement
- Establishing contractual arrangements when we become a preferred supplier
- Negotiating contract terms which protect Tarmac from risk
- Leading the appointment of key sub-contractors and negotiation of contract conditions.
- Recruit and manage QS team for HS2
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven track record of working as a Senior Quantity Surveyor within a construction project or a similar environment. As well as possess good communication skills, knowledge of the latest legislation's and be process driven with ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Higher Education or equivalent – HND/HNC Level
- Full UK driving license
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Training and development opportunities
By the way, as part of CRH, our employees have access to a range of careers within the wider group which operates at over 3,800 locations in 31 countries. CRH generates endless possibilities for individuals who are hungry for that next challenge!
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac Trading Limited