Senior Quantity Surveyor
For almost 40 years JB Riney has grown steadily to become a trusted partner of many Local Authorities and Councils in the London area, delivering a wide range of highway services and civil engineering projects.
The company’s growth is due to the dedication of the teams on the ground, delivering the projects for our clients and the management and strategic direction of our senior management team, building on our reputation for always doing things right and our understanding of local environments.
Riney’s customer-focused approach led to the Tarmac acquisition in 2017.
We are now looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our fantastic team based in London, E10 7AS
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As Senior Quantity Surveyor your main responsibilities will be the following:
- You will be supporting with the preparation of monthly valuations and financial accounts in preparation for invoicing customers.
- You will also record, monitor and review the financial performance of contracts as well as being responsible for securing payments from customers within the specified contract terms. It is also expected that you will manage payment of subcontractors.
- To oversee the measurement and preparation of valuations with a view to maximising returns under the provisions of the Contract Conditions and Company procedures, driving the reduction of debt and costs
- In addition, you will be tasked with developing and updating monthly forecasts/budgets, conducting physical measurement of works and agreement of same with clients and subcontractors, working to gain agreement of certification and the payment of client and subcontractor accounts as well as assessing, reviewing and mitigating commercial and contractual risks.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have previous Senior Quantity Surveyor experience and be able to evidence previous experience working in a similar role within a large complex multi-site business.
As well as be enthusiastic, self-motivated, organised individual who has a pragmatic and approachable personality.
You should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to develop effective relationships at all levels.
To succeed in this role, it's likely that you will have a relevant degree educated (desirable) or be suitably qualified by experience related to industry standards, in addition you will have experienced self-delivery and be well versed with NEC TSC contracts. It would be beneficial if you are a Member of RICS, or ICES (desirable).
As well as the role of Senior Quantity Surveyor we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Car Allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Senior Quantity Surveyor #tarmac #riney #seniorquantitysurveyor
Tarmac Trading Limited