Senior Quantity Surveyor
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our friendly North East team in Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire. This role will be to work with highway maintenance division delivering the Darrington to Disforth scheme. Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As Senior Quantity Surveyor you will have worked in a similar industry and will have experience of working on Highways Maintenance projects. Other responsibilities for this role will include:
- Overseeing the measurement and preparation of valuations
- Preparing and agreeing interim valuations and final accounts
- Recording, monitoring and reviewing the financial performance of contracts
- Managing financial accounts and report to senior management on the framework performance
- Liaising and presenting to the client on the framework performance
- Securing payments from customers within the specified contract terms and manage payment of subcontractors
- Pricing and agreement of highway maintenance schemes Target Costs.
- Administration of highway maintenance schemes in conjunction with operational teams including Early Warning notification and the pricing and agreement of Compensation Events.
The Ideal Candidate
It is preferred that the successful candidate are educated to at least HND level, although other equivalent qualifications may be accepted. Prior experience of working on Highway Maintenance, Highway Construction of general Civil Engineering is preferred. They will also have:
- A passion for safety
- Experience of using the NEC forms of contract (would be advantageous)
- Drive and ambition to succeed
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Numeracy and analytical ability
- Good negotiation skills
- Commercial awareness
- Creativity and imagination
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Organisational ability
- Customer focus and the ability to build relationships.
- Good IT skills specifically on spreadsheets, databases and the ability to adapt to bespoke software packages
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- 25 days holiday
- Company Car
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Sharesave scheme
- Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac Trading Limited