Senior Quantity Surveyor
Are you a Senior Quantity Surveyor looking for your next role?
At JB Riney, our people are our company. JB Riney is a long-established Civil Engineering company who have operated in the Greater London area for nearly 40 years. Working alongside many Local Authorities and Councils, our well-earned reputation is built on local knowledge, reliability, quality products, services and a customer focused delivery.
Riney’s customer-focused approach led to the Tarmac acquisition in 2017.
We are now looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our fantastic team based in London, E3 2TB.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As Senior Quantity Surveyor, working closely with the Finance Director & Contract Delivery Team(s) has been opened to aid the reduction of working capital use within the business.
In doing so the SQS will oversee the measurement and preparation of specified valuations with a view to maximising returns under the provisions of the Contract Conditions and Company procedures, driving the reduction of cost, work in progress and debt.
- Preparation of measurements and valuations
- Provide input in the submission of contractual claims and
- Provide notices required under the contract
- Prepare and finalise month end accounts in line with management procedures and update Monthly Forecast templates
- Ensure that all risks are identified and minimised on all contracts. Agree measures with Client.
- Prompt invoicing in-line with monthly targets. Low/controlled WIP. Prompt payment / low level of (aged) debt
- Management of contractual risk and timely resolution of disputes. Ensure any liabilities are covered
- Transparent and clear knowledge of financial position. Information provided to Finance team in-line with agreed timescales
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have previous Senior Quantity Surveyor experience and be able to evidence previous experience working in a similar role within a large complex multi-site business.
As well as be enthusiastic, self-motivated, organised individual who has a pragmatic and approachable personality.
You should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to develop effective relationships at all levels.
To succeed in this role, it's likely that you will have a relevant degree educated (desirable) or be suitably qualified by experience related to industry standards, in addition you will have experienced self-delivery and be well versed with NEC TSC contracts. It would be beneficial if you are a Member of RICS, or ICES (desirable).
As well as the role of Senior Quantity Surveyor we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Car Allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Senior Quantity Surveyor #tarmac #riney #seniorquantitysurveyor
Tarmac Trading Limited