Senior Quantity Surveyor
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our team in Mountsorrel, Leicestershire. We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds. This is a varied, complex and rewarding position that requires you to support the business and project management teams to continually improve individual and project performance in all aspects.
Reporting directly to the Area Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will ensure the safe and timely delivery of Project work activities by:
- Administering the commercial and contractual aspects of projects including client and supplier applications, contract variations and evaluation, and payments.
- Assisting with managing the project Commercial function. Periodic assessment and reporting of project financial performance.
- Ensuring that commercial and wider project activities are carried out effectively, to agreed programmes and standards.
- Maintaining and developing customer and supplier relationships.
- Periodic project end of life forecasting and encouraging operational efficiency to achieve agreed budgets.
- Working with both subcontractors and main contractors
- Complying with all HSQE systems
- In addition to the above, there will be a general requirement for mentoring / guiding more junior members of the commercial team
The Ideal Candidate
In common with a career with a major national construction company a degree of mobility and flexibility will be required as the location of projects will vary across the Central East region. The successful candidate will have worked on similar/relatable projects and will demonstrate excellent organisational skills. It is also desirable but not essential for the successful candidate to have:
- A Degree in a relative field, preferably Construction
- Experience within Highways surfacing and maintenance
- Experience of working with local authorities is preferable
- Good communicative skills
- Experience of liaising with stakeholders of varying seniority levels
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work to set deadlines
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac Trading Limited