Senior SHEQ Advisor
Are you a Senior SHEQ Advisor looking for your next permanent role? If this is you then please read on as we may just have the role for you……
Founded in 1968, Griffiths are a sustainable Civil Engineering Contractor that helps connect communities through delivering Road, Rail, Water, and Utilities projects. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality projects in a healthy, safe, and sustainable manner to improve people’s everyday lives.
We are currently looking for a Senior SHEQ Advisor to join our Team in Cardiff. Due to the nature of the role, we are open to applications from candidates who live in; or can commute from some of the following areas: Bristol, Bath, Swindon, Gloucester, Cheltenham, Stroud, Stonehouse, Portishead, Chepstow, Lydney, Newport, Pontypool, Cwmbran, Ross On Wye, Hereford, Abergavenny, Ebbw Vale, Merthyr Tydfil, Pontypridd, Barry, Porthcawl, Port Talbot, Neath, Swansea and the surrounding areas.
As part of a global business in CRH and a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC, the career opportunities are limitless. We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting to the SHEQ Manager, the Senior SHEQ Advisor will support, advise and review SHEQ practices at a site level within any allocated region to provide Health & Safety advice and support to project and operational management teams to prevent incidents, injury, damage, operational losses, environmental issues, quality and occupational health problems from occurring.
As a Senior SHEQ Advisor, you will be accountable for the following (not exhaustive)
- Review local working practices, engaging with project and operational management teams and provide feedback to BU/local line management to influence and support business SHEQ Strategy
- Undertake inspections/audits; of sites/units to ensure consistent application of business standards and ensure other applicable industry standards and legislative requirements are complied with
- Support Project & Operational Teams with incident investigation and reporting process, including liaison with Client Representatives and Regulator bodies as directed by the SHEQ Manager
- Provide specialist advice, support and recommendations on all area of SHEQ support and BU line management to ensure incidents are reported and investigated as required
- Identify significant SHEQ impacts and help set-up appropriate control measures
- Support the delivery of the SHEQ Management Systems within the region
- Review HSE and incident statistics to identify trends and areas for improvement
- Develop and implement SHEQ campaigns and continual improvement plans in agreement with the SHEQ Management team
- Work in an integrated and collaborative way with the wider SHEQ team to deliver the full support offer to the site and operational teams
The Ideal Candidate
It is essential that any prospective applicants will have a Health & Safety chartership such as IOSH or NEBOSH qualification and/or are qualified to NVQ Level 5/6 in a relevant discipline.
The successful Senior SHEQ Advisor should be someone who has experience in a similar role and be in receipt of the following:
- Relationship building with the wider operations team and Client SHEQ Teams
- Experience of applying processes that are tailored to business needs e.g., incident investigation and risk mitigation
- Good communication and influencing skills suitable for engaging with all levels within the business and external influences.
- A sound understanding of SHEQ requirements, with experience of influencing staff at all levels
- An understanding of continual improvement and SHEQ performance measurement, evaluation & improvement
- Knowledge and experience of statutory legislation, regulations and applicable industry standards and best practice
In the role of Senior SHEQ Advisor, we additionally offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Car allowance/company car
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc. (REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female Voice, and Menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Griffiths, part of Tarmac; a CRH Company, is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when this happens we sometimes bring the published closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
@Alungriffiths #Alungriffiths @Tarmac #Tarmac #Tarmaccareers #Alungriffithscareers #SHEQ #SeniorSHEQAdvisor #healthandsafety #HSE #HSEQ
Tarmac Trading Limited