Senior Tender Planner
Are you a work winning Senior Tender Planner in the construction industry? If you're based in the Abergavenny region we want to talk to you.
Founded in 1968 Griffiths are a sustainable contractor that helps connect communities through delivering Road, Rail, Water, and Utilities projects. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality projects in a healthy, safe, and sustainable manner to improve people’s everyday lives.
Griffiths are currently looking to recruit a Senior Tender Planner to join our Pre-construction/work winning team based at our Waterways Head Office in Abergavenny.
We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As Senior Tender Planner, you will work closely with the Estimator and Bid Manager for the tender, you will be required to prepare and articulate competent plans for any scale of project that comply with Company and functional procedures and standards.
Key responsibilities of the Senior Tender Planner will include:
- Treating Health and Safety and environmental matters as primary drivers of approach.
- Drawing up a construction programme.
- Assimilating information and summarising in a manner that can be used to communicate the work scope to others.
- Defining methods and establishing outputs, in consultation with the estimator and other team members, including the supply chain in appropriate circumstances.
- Provide the estimator with a justified schedule of temporary works and other indirect cost items.
- Contribute the required written submission material.
- Attend the tender review meeting to contribute a clear view of the workscope and the intentions for delivering it by reference to prepared material.
- Attending the handover meeting to contribute a clear view of the workscope and the intentions for delivering it by reference to prepared material and accept further defined tasks.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have previous experience as a Senior Tender Planner on construction projects. You will also meet the below requirements:
- Graduate and/or Chartered civil engineer.
- Substantial experience of a wide range of Civil Engineering, to Sub Agent level before converting to Planner
- Proficient and experienced user of Planning Software packages, including P6, ASTA Powerproject and Microsoft Project
- Competent user of Word and Excel
In addition to the role of Senior Tender Planner we also offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Car Allowance
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc. (REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female Voice, and Menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Griffiths is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
#seniortenderplanner #tenderplanner #planner
Tarmac Trading Limited