Service Coordinator and Quality Manager
Founded in 1968 Griffiths are one of the leading civil engineering and construction organisations working in Wales, the English border counties, and the West of England.
We pride ourselves in providing the “personal touch” establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships at all levels within client organisations, throughout the supply chain and with stakeholders.
We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry we offer a range of career development opportunities as a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC. We are looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm, and collaborative approach to join our team. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
We are currently looking to recruit a Service Coordinator and Quality Manager to join our friendly team to work on our forthcoming A40 Llanddewi Velfrey to Redstone Cross road construction/highways project. The project consists of the construction a new off-line 6km carriageway. As well as the road construction works, there will be new structures: two precast bridges, multiple culverts, attenuation ponds, accommodation tracks and detrunking and active travel facilities. This is an ideal opportunity for a candidate with highways, structures, earthworks and drainage industry experience.
Whilst the project will commence around Summer 2021, this position will then continue within the thriving Alun Griffiths Business within the South Wales region.
The works will be carried out on the A40 in Llanddewi Velfrey, near Narbeth, and so we will be looking to receive applications from candidates based within a one hour radius of this location or from candidates willing to relocate. Carmarthen would be the closest town, approximately 20 minutes east.
We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it is important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds with a team approach of working together to achieve the success of this project.
This dual position will ensure pre-safety checks are made to prevent damage to existing statutory services on site from construction activities.
Reporting directly to the Site Agents, they shall manage their responsibility to ensure high levels of accurate engineering control, efficient productivity and appropriate records are produced and documented and controlled. They will also:
- Comply and implement the companies Integrated Management System procedures and guidance and promote its implementation with the Project Team in particular to the excavation process
- Develop a proactive working relationship with Site foremen, engineers and the workforce
- Familiarise themselves with all Contract Documentation and Drawings including Company Management Plans to ensure the safe and efficient delivery of the Project
- Implement and address items requested by the Project Manager, and review the Contract Programme for their Section and inform of any improvements or concerns
- Promote and lead the site safety culture, ensuring that all works are carried out in a planned, controlled and safe manner, in accordance with statutory regulations, current standards, and the Company SHEQ standards
- Producing accurate permits that relay statutory service plans into the necessary permits and ensure they adhere to company procedures
- Identifying statutory services on site in advance of handing over the necessary permit which allows work to proceed
- Keep accurate records of trail hole information and service diversion ensuring site plans advance to the accurate nature on site
- Understands programmes and ability to understand when the next activity will occur so they can be prepared in a timely manner
- Monitoring and ensuring the systems work on site by all the site teams excavating on the project
The other role; from a quality perspective this role will ensure that site documentation, processes and inspection test plans are up to date. Responsibilities will include:
- Developing and writing the specific Inspection Test Plans with the necessary hold points and control checks documented which can be complied with.
- Developing trackers to assist with the control of such documentation
- Ensuring those completing the documentation are returning it within a timely manner
- Assisting mentoring and showing those using the forms how to complete and return.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role the ideal candidate will have a Civil Engineering background ideally with experience of Highways/Road Construction projects. Experience of using such procedures before and use of a Cable Avoidance Tool (C.A.T) and Genny is a must. They will also possess:
- Strong personal and organisational skills
- Strong written and numerical skills
- Experience of proof checking documentation
- Strong communication and IT skills
- Strong attention to detail and methodical
- An understanding of site policies and procedures
- To be self-motivated and be able to prioritise and manage workload
- To be responsive to the needs of internal and external customers and colleagues
- Good time management skills
- Can work under pressure accurately
- Able to work site hours Mon – Fri 07.30 -17.30
- Able to work occasional nights and weekend shifts.
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.
Tarmac Trading Limited